Today is the day Briggs has been waiting for...and I have been dreading! It's been a little bitter-sweet, actually. I love his excitement for learning and his eagerness to try something new...but it's a little sad that he can do this without me! I didn't know I would have such a hard time with my baby growing up. It was nice to have the morning to actually get things done around the house for a change, but I sure missed my little man like CrAzY!! He is such a light in my life and I am so blessed to have him! I am so proud of him, too...there were no tears or anything. Good Job, Briggs!
Belle had a hard time with Briggs being at school, too. She kept asking, "Where Bubba Go?" She is so not used to being anywhere without him, so I think that the separation will be good for both of them. Other than that, though...Belle and I had a nice day together. She is such a girlie-girl and I LOVE IT!! She loves purses and shoes (what girl doesn't?) and she is even starting to let me do her hair. (Now that she finally has some!) Yeah! I'm so glad she's my girl!
6 comments:
Look at those PROUD parents! Such a fun memory! Seems like that is forever away for me, but I know it will come in a flash-sooo sad!
Darbee, I am with you on the bittersweet feeling with starting school. Jackson starts tomorrow and I am just dreading it! I already miss him! I hope for no tears, but we'll see what happens.
Jill
So cute and sad! I am sad for Walker to start and he is only 3 months old!! ha ha! You guys are so great and what a cute family! Can Belle get any cuter!? Her pigtails so cute!! Get excited for Briggs to bring home cute drawings that you can put on the fridge!
Oh man! It is so bittersweet! A great day for Briggs but a hard one for mom. Sounds like you did pretty good, though. The pictures in the slide show on your last post are too cute!
Oh it was so good to hear from you Darbee!! It has been too long. My Sam started preschool last week and it was also bittersweet. You miss them, yet there is some accomplishment of seeing your kids taking huge steps in life!
You look beautiful Darbee. Your whole family is adorable. I forgot that our kids are so close in age. I love this time in life. 2 and 4 is fun! A little crazy... But Fun!!
I love that she has a binky in her mounth! I can't get rid of Cade's and I think I'm just going to let him have it forever! He's too naughty!! How are you??
Post a Comment