Saturday, August 15, 2009

Friends

I've decided, it doesn't matter what age you are... EVERYONE needs a friend!

I'm not going to lie...
The first few months we lived out here, I was pretty lonely. I missed having my friends and family close by. However, we got lucky and moved right next door to some really fun people. They put up with our noisy kiddos, and humor us when we invite them over for strange dinners, FHE or nasty "Maryland Blue Crab" night. I'm so glad we've become friends.

One of my newest Virginia friends is from Utah as well. The first time I saw her, I told Zach that she and I were going to be great friends... and I was right! When we got together the other day, we easily spent 4 HOURS playing at the fountain with the kids. It was one of those days that time just flew by because I felt so comfortable and at home with her. I'm so glad she moved here!

The kids LOVE their Virginia friends. We've hosted many playdates lately, which means extra chaos and FUN at our house! (Poor Voges's...) Here are some photo's of some of our favorite playdates the last week or so. I even included one of Zach and Christian from our "Maryland Blue Crab Night"... and one of Zach and the kids from our daily "Daddy-Time" ritual. (again, Poor Voges's) :)


We feel so blessed to have met so many wonderful people out here in Virginia. People that we know we could count on if ever we needed anything. People that come for dinner and bring a huge magic show for dessert, or people that take us to and from the airport, or call us to let us know when we've left the garage door open at night. We have so many friends who have become more like family... who have helped make Virginia seem a little more like home. We are truly blessed!

2 comments:

Andrea S. said...

What you said about friends is so true! I'm glad to hear that you've found some good friends in Virginia. It looks like you've been having a great time with them.

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you are making such good friends! It's true, it doesn't matter how old you are, there is nothing better then a good friend. We got so close to our friends in the UK and I miss them dearly.