Monday, March 29, 2010

NC Lovin'

I am SO in LOVE with this man...

Not only because he is the BEST Dad in the world...

or because I frequently get to witness sweet moments like these...

But because he does things everyday that he knows will make me happy! It's the simple things that mean the most, things like surprising me with these... (Yes, that IS a SIXTY-FOUR ouncer... and I was one happy woman! Gotta love a good coke on the rocks from a fountain!) ;)

I love that on a whim he decides to take our family on a little adventure to experience something new together. Not because we have the time or the money, but because it was needed.

It seemed to be our last chance to get away as a family and enjoy some time together before lots of big changes come our way. It was a last minute decision, but we decided to head down to Outer Banks, NC for some fun in the sun... I mean, wind and rain!
It wasn't as warm as we had hoped it would be, but we had a great time anyway. We enjoyed time at the beach digging in the sand, visiting a lighthouse or two (though I one I wanted to see was under construction), checking out the shark and sea-life at the aquarium, hiking the sand dunes, and visiting the Wright Brothers Museum.
It was a great little getaway... just what I needed before I have to face reality and prepare for the crazy times ahead!

4 comments:

Charlee Barnes said...

Sounds like fun. Oh and so jealous of the 64 ouncer. I miss America and I miss you and your sweet babies! Love you!

The Searle Family said...

What is the plan for the future? Are you guys coming back here? ~bob

KaDee said...

Can't wait to hear the future plans! :) We miss you guys.

Chantal said...

I love all the dead fish that Belle is holding! Belle you are so nice to give them a proper burial. Cute pictures. Glad you were able to take a fun trip.