Monday, September 7, 2009

Fun in Philly!

Friday at the pool I said to Zach, "I'm just thinking since it's a long weekend, we should go somewhere... maybe to Philadelphia." Zach simply said, "Alright. Let's go!" So that's exactly what we did! I love being SpOnTaNeOuS and if you have kids, you know that it's very hard to do! We made a few quick plans and reservations, and hit the road.

On our way up, we decided to stop in Baltimore and see the Orioles play. It was a perfect night... hotdogs, popcorn, icecream, nachos, peanuts, sodas, and BASEBALL!!! (And YES, we REALLY did eat ALL that food!) The kids loved every second... and Zach and I did too!


We even enjoyed a stroll down Utah, I mean, Eutaw Street.


While in Philly, we enjoyed seeing the sights, and the famous Philly Cheesesteaks, of course! The kids didn't love walking around to see the sights or learning all of the history UNTIL we took them on the Duck Tour. Who knew wearing a funny little duck-beak and driving in a duck-boat would make seeing the Liberty Bell and Betsy Ross house more exciting? I'm just glad we did it and that they had a fun time!



Oh, I LOVE my silly gooses... i mean, Ducks! These kids are hilarious and love a good adventure almost as much as their parents do.

Here's a Big "Thank You" to my Mister for some serious, much needed, FUN!
xoxoxoxo

4 comments:

Marie said...

Are those duck calls? Those make a lot of loud noises. HAHA.. What a great weekend!!

Hillary Garner said...

Fun trip! I'm jealous of your spontaneous trips that include such neat locations! I'm still laughing about the cleaning in the kitchen picture:)

KaDee said...

Darbee, I loved reading your blog today and catching up on all your great posts!! Happy 1 to Talmage and glad you had such a fun trip!

Courtni said...

too bad you weren't there a few weeks ago when brian was in philly for a week on business.

glad you guys are having fun and enjoying life back there!