Like the first time I heard one of the kids say "I know Mom, it's not something I NEED, it's something I WANT!" I cried a little over that one because I've never really had to say no to the kids... and I actually do like to spoil them a little! Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the kids are understanding better the differences of needs and wants, but as their mom I just want to give them everything! You other Mom's out there know exactly what I mean!
Well,
I found a way to fulfil my "want" to shop, by buying things that we "need"... as well as spoil the kids a little and save LOTS of money in the process!
My friend introduced me to "The Grocery Girls" and I have been completely addicted ever since. It's a brainless way to save money while shopping for the things that we would probably buy anyway. Granted, I end up buying more than I usually would in one shopping trip, but with prices like these how can you NOT? ;)
Coupon shopping has helped me stay on track with our money. I feel like I'm doing more of my part to help be frugal during this crazy time in our life... and I'm having lots of fun while doing it!
Check out what I bought on my last shopping trip:
(and I didn't even put my produce in the picture.)

Guess how much it would have cost someone without "The Grocery Girls" help and my coupons?
$58 and change.
Guess how much I paid for it?
...
...
...
$20.02!!!
That's right folks! I saved 65% and am darn proud of it!
Just thought I'd share! Happy Shopping!
3 comments:
thanks for the tip...i will go check it out. i think we are all on the same page...mauri and i talk about this all the time. i decided that i needed to cut our grocery bill down too and have been trying to do the coupon thing. last time i went to the store and did my big shopping, i spent $160 and saved $110...i was super happy...funny how it becomes a challenge huh? and good for the bank!
Way to go Darbee!! You rock!
Wow--that's impressive!
Post a Comment