Tuesday, July 15, 2008

HELP!!!

Okay, Y'all! We are in need of some SERIOUS help! We have 6 weeks and counting (and hopefully less), until this baby arrives... and we STILL can't agree on any names! I thought I'd turn to you guys for some ideas. What are some of your favorite boy/girl names? DON'T comment, though, if you'll be upset if we use one of the names you want to name your children! I would love some new ideas, or you can vote on your favorite of ours... we just really need some help! Here are the names that we are kind of liking as of now...

BOYS
Tagg, Phin, Liam, Wyatt, Bastian (Zach doesn't love this one, but I do... so there you go!)

GIRLS
Piper... that's actually the ONLY one we can agree on!

We DO love original names, so don't make fun if you hate them! I am a just a little stressed about it though, because I feel like giving a child a name is a HUGE responsibility! I really don't want to be stuck in the hospital, just waiting to sign the birth certificate... and choosing a name by default, just needing to get it done. So, HELP US PLEASE!!! Thanks!!! Love you all!

23 comments:

Katie said...

Liam.

J.Frey said...

I really like Liam and Bastian. (then the B would fit with your other names if you are going for that.) And for girls, I have no idea, but I really like Piper! That is really cute! Or Paisley maybe? Do you have any family last names that you could use for a boy first name? I think that would be cool.

Kara said...

Of the boy names you listed, I like Tagg best (I think it sounds best with 'Beynon'). I have always loved the name Shadrach (Shad for short), but Logan hates it! My grandmother's maiden name is Redd, and I have a couple relatives with that first name. With Zach being such a Ute fan, that could work... :)

I think Piper is darling! I also love Lucy (Logan doesn't like), Ruby (Logan hates) and Haven (Logan double hates). Good luck!

Lizzie said...

Oh I love Liam! Boston & Owen were others of our top favorites.

For girls I like Ireland, Jovie, Reagan. I'm almost certain we will end up with a Jovie Ireland some day.

kat reynolds said...

I LOVE Tagg:) I would use Piper for a girl but Reese is insisting on one syllables.
How 'bout Silas, Renn, or Pier (peer).
I also love Ruby for a girl.

Lisa said...

I was one of those people who didn't have a name picked out until several hours after the baby was born. Actually, that is not true; I had *MANY* names picked out. It was my husband who was holding up the name-train!

Anyway, Tagg is on my list (as Taggart). Piper is adorable! I love my baby's name, Sawyer, and it's not at all common. Others I like: Seth, Oliver, Kincaid, Campbell, Price, Kimball, Malachi (Ky), Lex, Asher...

For girls...maybe Adelaide, Briar, Eleny, Harper, Ivy, Micah.

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

Sounds like your girl name is picked. And for a boy I love LIAM, that was on my list when I had Maxwell. Tagg and Bastian are also darling.

Sharielle said...

I love Phin and Liam and Piper. I think you have done an excellent job picking names. I don't have one boy name I could think of I liked...that is why I was so happy when the doc said we were having a girl. But your boy names are all great!!!

Alder Family said...

YEAH! Thanks for inviting us back to the blog! I think all of those names of super cute, but Piper for your little girl...that is DARLING!!!

Alisha said...

I love Liam & Piper. We're really struggling with names too. Our babies probably will be here next week & we don't have names picked out. We're hoping when we see them, something magical will happen. :) Ha!

Stephens Family said...

okay, so here are some ideas, I am kindof a classic but sometimes I have some other ideas

Girls...
Sweden (swedyn)
Elynn (E-lynn)
Caprise
Saige
Avery
Irelynn (not the country!)
Boys....
Cash
Henry
Jace
Beckham,Beckam
Crew
Sam
Brock
Brik (like your uncle, I have ALWAYS loved that name!)

blah blah, some of these are not my own but I like them just the same! The great thing about your kids names is they aren't "trendy" and they will be good names as adults..

Jody said...

I like Bastian. And if it is a girl not Paisley cause that is what I am naming my little girl when she decides to come out. I am contracting now. Sorry I guess we can have the same name that just caught me off guard when I say that.

Love ya

Lizzie said...

I forgot to mention my favorite boy name - Jaxon. I like Jax for short (not Jack but jax) - so cute!

And dont worry our Kimball was 4 days old before we decided on a name. We didnt run into a single problem with birth certificate or otherwise - but I am sure you wont be that bad!

Amber said...

I think the 3rd kid is a diffinate killer on names, but it looks like you have got a load of suggetions. I like Tagg for the boy best. and Piper is way cute. The only suggestion I have for a boy is Cohen. Jason absolutely hates it, so I figured it is pretty safe to suggest since we won't be using it. Good Luck :)

Miller's said...

I like Wyatt and I really like Piper too. Oh names are so hard, good luck. See you Monday (can't wait).

Marie said...

Good luck with the names. I like Wyatt. Here are a few....

boys....
Breck
Brenton
Trey

girls....
Brooklyn-I love this.
London
Tayla

Unknown said...

hey sister. I'm not good with names. You and I have some of the same tastes, but good old beynon there ruins anything cute we come up with. Just don't use Henry and we'll be good...i call that one! I can't wait to see this kid! I'm still up in the air whether i think it's a boy or girl...i'm feeling a girl right now!

Jenn said...

Hey Darb,
Congrats on the baby coming soon, and also on the big move back east for school coming up. That is very exciting! I think Liam is an adorable name, and I really like Piper for a girl. The other girl names that I like are Presley, Emerson, and Avery but Shawn doesn't like any of those. I guess it is a good thing I am not pregnant. Good Luck!
Jenn Reese

Jody said...

Finding a name is so hard. Congrats on the move. We may be moving to Ohio so I will have to drive up and see you. Hope you are feeling good.

Love ya

Tyler, Brooke, Britain, Braden and Beckham said...

I love Liam, but my husband doesn't! I'm really on a kick with countries...for girls I love Ireland and Holland. I already have a Britain! I'm really not going for all "country" named kids, but you never know! :) Good luck and I'm glad to be able to keep in touch!

Smith Family said...

Zach and Darb:
You know I love you, but I will not have a nephew named Tagg or Phin :). Ryan.

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

Thanks for the invite to your blog! :) I haven't seen you guys in sooo long and it's great to see what you've been up to! Your family is absolutely gorgeous.

As for baby names... I like Liam for a boy and Lyla for a girl.

Kallie said...

Hello! Looks like you have some great names to choose from. I LOVE Paisley. I wish josh liked unusual, non-traditional names. :) What is your feeling...a boy or a girl??? Keep in touch.