Saturday, July 5, 2008

Cravings.... and the 4th of July!














With most pregnancies, women crave different foods. Like with Briggs, I wanted artichokes ALL the time! With Belle, it was mostly pickles and peanut butter... sometimes together on a sandwich! And with this baby, all I crave is SWEETS... especially the mint cookies from Schmidt's Bakery! OH MY! It is a little piece of heaven on earth, and today I finally gave in and bought some. Let me just tell you, it was worth every penny (and man, they're not cheap!) I am now just trying to ration them, so they last a little longer than 15 minutes!

Now for something even SwEeTeR...
The 4th of July was SO much fun this year! We went to the Riverton Carnival a few days early this year, and it was PERFECT... we never even had to wait in a line. Thanks, Searle's for going with us. It's always fun spending time with you! On the 3rd, we went up to Bountiful to BBQ with friends (the Day's), watch the Eaglewood Fireworks from the comforts of their backyard, play the Wii at my mom's until 1:30 in the morning, and wake up for my favorite... the Centerville Parade!
We had so much fun celebrating the 4th with my family! We especially loved mom's potato salad, and playing on her inflatable water toys! What a wonderful day!





9 comments:

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

How fun! Love the Fourth!!

Kara said...

For the first time in FOREVER, we were out of town for the 4th -- so we didn't get to attend the famous Centerville parade! I would have liked to see you there. What a fun day!

Miller's said...

It was such a fun day, wasn't it? I didn't get to say bye. Hopefully we'll see you guys again soon.

Jody said...

Sounds like you had a great fourth!!! I miss the centerville Parade.

Jen Bird said...

I don't blame you for craving those...I might just have to pick some up next time I'm up! :) I can't believe you're moving too!! Holy cow...so much has happened to your family! Guess we need to get together at least before you move!! :(

Alisha said...

Oh man... those mint cookies look SO DELISH! Sounds way better than pickles & PB... gross! Pregnancy does funny things!

Katie said...

Pickles and PB together now WAY. Gag and I am not even pregnant. j/k

Looks like you guys had fun on the 4th. How soon do you move? Is your house up for sale yet?

Anjuli said...

There is sooo much goodness about 4th of July, It is by far the best Holiday!!

Stef said...

Yummy! Those cookies look so good, now I am craving them, and I have never even tried them:)