For the sake of time, I'll give a quick overview of what made Christmas this year so special...
BUDDY, our Elf on the Shelf, came to visit this year and it was SO magical! I couldn't believe the joy that having Buddy in our home would bring. The kids would happily and eagerly wake up each morning to try to find our Elf and they would examine each other's and their own behavior if they thought Buddy was watching... (wouldn't want to get put on Santa's Naughty List afterall!)
Buddy had some great experiences while he was here, and we found him in some very silly places! I think each of the kids have taken a turn crying over how badly they miss Buddy at some point since Christmas, but his return is giving us something to look forward to for next Christmas!
Christmas at my parent's house is always highly anticipated. The kids love being together with all their cousins, acting out the nativity story, playing games, eating delicious food and opening lots of presents! :) I wish I took more pictures, but here are the THREE that I got! (If any of you brothers and sisters took pic's, please email them to me!)
Belle was the big winner in one of the kids games!
Santa usually visits us at Grandma Red's Party on Christmas Eve. This year he brought the kids presents on their lists... though Briggs is certain he's not the "real" Santa! :)
Belle and Alexie Jo
Christmas Eve Night would not be the same without our Mauss Party at Mimi's. There is something so warm and comforting about our night there. I think it's because Mimi's house feels like HOME. It's where so many memories have been made, and so much love has been felt. It's beautiful to look around the room and be completely surrounded by people we love, in such beautiful surroundings on Christmas.
Briggs was asked to speak in our Christmas Program at Church on Christmas Morning. (at 9:30, might I add!!) So we had to hurry a little bit to see what Santa brought, then rush out the door. I was SO proud as I watched Briggs do something so out of his comfort zone, and do it so well! I cried as he stood at the pulpit and told of Christ's Birth. It brought the spirit of Christmas into my heart and I felt such joy and love for my family, and especially for the Savior, Jesus Christ.
It was a beautiful Christmas!
1 comment:
Yeah! Darbee blogged! So great to see what the Beynon fam has been up to!
Post a Comment