Friday, February 24, 2012

LOVE

Do you ever have those weak moments when you feel like nothing you do is good enough?  Like you are so small compared to this big vast world around us?  And that nothing you do, actually really matters?
I've been guilty of feeling this way lately and it's miserable.  
As I've heard news from family and friends of different hardships that so many are currently going through, I realized that I need to stop feeling so sorry for myself, that I need to buck up and be more humble and thankful for the many blessings I do have. 
It's amazing what a little tweak in your thought process can do.  I have been filled with such love and gratitude for my life,  for my family, for my blessings.  I've realized that everything I have is a gift and I need to use those things for good.  I have opportunities to serve and to share... to help some of the people that are struggling much more than me right now.  It's in these moments, when my life seems to have more purpose and meaning, and I feel so much more joy and appreciation in the little things.  
So today, I'm going to focus on the good... for there is SO much to be thankful for.
Especially...
Daddy's and Daughters
I chose well when I picked Zach to be my husband and father of my children.  He is wonderful.  He adores us all, but is especially whooped over his baby girl.    
As you can imagine, Belle was thrilled when Zach offered to take her to the Valentine's Dance at school.  
She "designed" her own dress, and I attempted to sew her one. :)  She was thrilled with the turn-out and had the perfect night with her Daddy.  

Being a Mother
Being a Mom is the most exhausting, stressful, and wonderful job in the world.  
I'm so extremely lucky to have these 3.  

Being married.
I'm constantly amazed by this man.  He works so hard and still has time to play, cook, and keep us all happy!
(I still can't believe we've actually been married 10 years!  We're not that old!!!)
I'm finding that what we have is rare, and I should never take it for granted.  

Our Health.
We have all been blessed with good health so far in our lives. (knock on wood!)  We keep busy and active and enjoy the things that life has to offer.  Briggs, especially, is following his Dad's footsteps and is loving (and is getting pretty good!) at Rock Climbing.  Here he is at Momentum last weekend.

Kisses and Smiles.
Do you ever wish you could bottle up a child at a certain time in life, and keep them that way forever?
Talmage makes me feel that way right now.  He is always kissing me and telling me how much he loves me.
It's the BEST kind of pay day!  I hope he stays in this stage forever!!

Creative Minds.
My kids are smart.  Really, they are!  I know most parents probably feel this way, but I am constantly amazed at the things they come up with.  Briggs gets great grades, reads very well, and is intrigued by animals (sharks in particular!), planets, football, etc... and he reads every book possible about these subjects.  
I hope he never stops loving to read!
Belle is an excellent student as well.  She even creates more homework for herself if she hasn't been given enough.  She is very creative and is always writing stories, designing clothes, doing crafts, playing make-believe.  These qualities I love and admire about my Belle and I'm SO thankful for great, working, creative minds. 

The list could go on and on.  But I think we all can be more happy and content in our lives if we just step back and remember how fortunate and blessed we are.
So start today.  What are you thankful for?

4 comments:

Recksieks said...

I hope you don't mind that I stole your blog address from Emily. :) You are so amazing! This post hit home for me. I've been feeling the exact same way lately. Maybe it's because we are hitting kind of a big milestone for our birthday's this year. Anyway, you reminded me that I need to focus on the many blessings I've been given instead of the negatives that I am constantly thinking about myself. You are a great example! Thanks for sharing!-Amy(Parker)Recksiek

Jake, Teylor, Walker & Hayes said...

Seriously Love you guys! What a great family and I LOVE this post! I too feel like I just need to be so happy for what I have and be so greatful for all the blessings in my own life!
We should get together soon!

Miriam and Jordan Brown said...

Thanks for the thought girl, I needed it too Miss you

abo-bder said...


شركة تنظيف سيارات بالرياض