I have some BIG plans for 2011...
*Eat Healthier: My poor kids no longer have choices when it comes to what they're eating. Okay, they still have choices, but now their choices are fruits or veggies... not veggies or chips! Get it? I'm going to cut back on my Coca-Cola intake (which will be hard!) and actually drink water... everyday!
*Exercise More: I've realized that the few extra baby pounds I've been holding on to, no longer can be blamed on recently having a baby... since he's TWO! I will exercise more... even if that means getting creative with my workouts. For example, yesterday I jump-roped with Belle, and today sweat a bit by shoveling the snow while the kids played. It's a start... and something is better than nothing at all!
*Serve More: I have really realized a difference in my life when my thoughts are turned outward, and I seek to serve those around me. I am happier when I am serving others and I've vowed to do something for someone else, every single day!
*Read More: I am sad to admit that in my life, there have been some year's that I've not even finished a book! Sad, I know. The last few years have been better, but I've decided I'm going to read at least one book, along with the Book of Mormon, this year.
*Blog More: I'm already off to a better start than last year, and have even started a blog just for me... to write more personal feelings, and to help me keep my life in perspective.
*Budget Better... or at all, really! Zach and I, for the first time in a long time, feel like we need to budget better. We need to get back on track, especially after not working for almost 2 years while going back to school. Today is the first "real" day that our budget begins, so hopefully I can stick with it, so we can start saving more money!
*Laugh More: Zach made the comment the other day that he loves when I laugh out loud, seeing that it doesn't happen very often. I thought about it, and really... I don't! It's sad, I know. It's not that I'm not a happy person, or that I don't have a sense of humor... I just don't laugh much. I used to, so I really don't know what my problem is... but I am going to try to be happier and laugh a LOT more this year!
*Travel More: Zach and I are lucky to have been able to travel quite a bit together, alone and with the kids. There are still many places on our "Places To Visit" list... so this year I want to check one of those places off and visit some place we've never been before. Hopefully if I can keep my Budget goal for 2011... I'll have enough money to fulfil my Travel goal! (Ha! See how I operate!?!)
This is my last year in my 20's! (sigh)
I'm hoping that by accomplishing these goals and some of the others I've set, I'll be able to strengthen relationships, better myself, and make 2011 the best year yet!
Happy 2011 Y'all!
1 comment:
I don't even know where to start commenting...First off, if you say you have any "extra" pounds one more time, I may just have to strangle you :) You laugh and are one of the happiest people I know, so let Zach know to maybe just pay a little more attention! Last, whenever you guys want to get to one of the places you want to travel to...you should let the littles come stay with us :) Love you,
Ash
Post a Comment