Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It's LOVE Day...

Anyone that knows me knows how much I LOVE celebrating the different holidays with my kids! This year I came up with a fun activity that has proven to spread the love around our house this month... and I'm hoping it sticks around a little while more!
We made LOVE mailboxes. They didn't turn out quite as I envisioned (like the one in this photo), but the kids had fun and did a great job! Each day they would leave notes, treats, surprises in each others mailboxes... or do service for one another instead. It's truly been AMAZING! The kids have willingly cleaned up after each other, drawn sweet pictures or written love letters, spent their own money on treats for the other... it's been bliss.

Valentine's Day was just a continuation of the love we've tried to celebrate this entire month. The kids woke up to a special breakfast of pink "X's and O's" pancakes, bacon and pineapple. They opened there first surprise in their mailboxes... which was just a new shirt to wear on their special day.
After school we had Valentine Cookies, delivered special Valentine's to family and friends, and prepared a yummy candlelight dinner for our sweet Daddy. We finished off the night with the kids' last surprise, "Just Dance 2" for the wii... and a little dance party in the basement! It was a perfect day!

I didn't take many pictures, but these are the cute bubblegum necklaces we made for Briggs's "special" friend, and my nieces:

And this is Talmage's Valentine we made for his cousins and friends. The big kids did similar one's of themselves... but you get the idea!

Zach and I celebrated our 9 Year Anniversary on the 5th. It was wonderful! I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband, and beautiful children that love me so much! Being loved feels really, REALLY good!!!

1 comment:

Gary and Robyn Beynon said...

Soooo cute Darb!! I think you win the prize for super mom of the year. What cute ideas! I sure missed my valentines!! Love you all xoxoxoxxoxoxoxo