We had a magical Christmas at the Beynon home! We really tried to help the kids realize the importance of "giving" versus "receiving" this year, and I think we succeeded... kind of!
I will never forget when Briggs, with tears in his eyes, offered to give one of his Christmas gifts to a child less fortunate than he. It was a hard thing to do... and not all the kids were so generous!
Briggs learned the true meaning of Christmas this year, and I am so proud of him and his willingness to serve others!
His favorite gifts this year included: an outdoor Basketball Hoop, Skateboard, Roller Blades, and Epic Mickey for the Wii!
Belle is such a sweetheart! She wrote at least 30 letters to Santa and worried day after day that she may have forgotten something. I assured her Santa knew exactly what she wanted, and thankfully he didn't disappoint!
Her favorite gifts included: a furnished Barbie Apartment and Barbie Convertible, Lalaloopsy doll, Crafting Station, Princess gowns, shoes and jewelry, and Zoobles.
Talmage was a JOY this Christmas... though he wanted EvErY gift to be "his!" It was fun to see his excitement and to be part of the magic for him!
His favorite gifts this year: Dancing Brobee, Mega Blocks Station, Chuck the Talking Truck, and his Sing-a-ma-jig!
I LOVE Christmas! It is SO much fun being the Mom and helping create Christmas Magic for your kids. I LOVED having a house full of believers this year! Life is so beautiful and so, SO good!
Here we are, posing for our traditional Christmas photo at Mimi's...
And our little monkey's and their cute cousins...
There is an app on the iphone that would tell you where Santa was at any given moment, along his journey to our house. I couldn't stop laughing at all the kids checking every 2 minutes to see Santa's progress... but it was the best way to get them home and in bed quickly, showing that the Big Man was almost here!
There is NOTHING cuter than 3 ExCiTeD kiddos waiting for permission to go see what Santa had brought... and of course, we made them wait forever while we got dressed, set up the camera and turned on Christmas music. It was agony for them... hilarious for us! ;)
A few other favorite moments of the holiday included:
The kids singing "Rudolf" at Grandma Red's talent show
Lunch at Fredrico's with Grandma and Poppa
Belle's Christmas Program
And a surprise Kurt Bestor Concert with my sweet Mister... and this guy!
Whew....
It was a FUN, BUSY, holiday... but I LOVED it! I loved spending time with my kids, making cookies, singing songs, making crafts, chains and other Christmas goodies, delivering gifts, and being together. We're thankful for each other, for good health, for a loving Savior, and for all of you!
We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!
2 comments:
So happy to finally see your Christmas pictures!!! These are some of the best memories you will ever have. Looks like so much fun and we can't wait to have those special times and memories back with our kids and grandkids. We love you guys, what wonderful parents you are. Keep making memories...
You guys look so happy! I'm glad you had a great Christmas and that you get to be so close to family!
Post a Comment