
My sweet parents and little brother came out to visit us for the long weekend, and it was absolutely PERFECT!!! All we did was hang out together... swimming at the pool, playing games, doing puzzles, reading books, EaTiNg lots, and having FUN! I seriously laughed so hard, I cried... and smiled so much, my face hurt! My kids felt so special being able to spend one-on-one time with each of them... something that they didn't always get to do while we were in Utah. (I guess that's one perk from living away.)
I love the relationship that my parents and my kids share. It's something so special and unique in every way. I love watching the adoration in Belle's eyes when she's with my dad. They've always shared a special bond and I know they will cherish that forever. He truly is her HERO!!! (and mine, too!)
My Mom's name is Bunni, which is VERY fitting for her. She is just like the Energizer Bunny and uses all of her energy for good. She is constantly serving others. She is SO fun and is seriously SUPER-GRAMMY! She has the best parties and is always making a fuss over my kids by remembering all of their special occasions, sending them many surprises and treasures in the mail, calling them on the phone, and especially by making this visit to see their new surroundings. We miss all the family gatherings that are happening back home, but my mom makes up for it in every single way. I hope to be just like her one day. She's simply the best!
My baby brother (Yes ladies, he's single!) is so amazing! He and Briggs have ALWAYS had a unique bond... even when Briggs was a baby. I was a little sad when Shea left on his mission, because I didn't want the time apart to hinder that special relationship they had developed. We were blessed because things picked up right where they left off when Shea got home, and watching Briggs and Shea is like watching two best buddies. They have grown-up conversations, play the wii together, wrestle and fight each other, and have a great time. Briggs looks up to him so much, and I feel so blessed that my kids have such a wonderful uncle.
If you don't have the pleasure of knowing my parents, you should. They are such amazing people individually... but ESPECIALLY as a couple. These two are the most IN-LOVE couple I have ever seen. They show by example what a marriage should and can be. They respect each other and support each other in everything they do. They have so much fun together and find such joy in each other and in everything they do. They love and adore their children and grandchildren. I am SO blessed to have them as my Mom and Dad.
Thank you for all that you do! Please come see us again soon! I LOVE YOU!!!
6 comments:
Darbee-- your parents haven't aged a bit! They look fantastic! So glad they were able to visit you're new home. It's hard living away but visits are so much fun it ALMOST makes it worth it, huh? My parents are coming next week to see us-- can't wait!!!
I'm JEALOUS!! I Miss you guys!! Only 3.5 months and I'll see the parents. Way too long until we see you and your cute kids though... :(
OH Darb! What a sweet post! I love your parents, and have always thought of them as such amazing examples of love, support, and fun! I'm glad I know them!
Looks like lots of fun, I wish we could've been there too. You described your parents perfectly, I feel so LUCKY to have married into your amazing fam. We miss ya and love ya!
Darb, I love the pic of your parents playing Twister..So fun! You do have great parents!
I would have to agree with you 100%!! You have an amazing family. I am so grateful that I have been able to spend so much time with all of you over the years. Love you guys. I hope to come explore near you soon.
Post a Comment