Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday!

Two of my favorite friends (Kori & Chantal) joined me for Black Friday shopping this morning, and it was SO much fun! We took off around 4:00 a.m. and started our adventure at Toys R Us, then to Target, Tai Pan, Deseret Book, KNEADERS, (ya... we took a break to eat!), then to the District for a quick little peek. We learned after our experience last year, some tricks and strategies to get our shopping done quickly and efficiently... and that's exactly what we did! We had so much fun running for the best deals, filling our carts full, talking and coordinating our game plan on the walkie-talkie's, and figuring out "how much money we were actually SAVING our husbands!" :-)

Chantal drove her Tahoe and the entire car was FULL! We did some serious damage... but it was SO worth it!

What a great way to spend a morning! I think Black Friday should come around more often!

7 comments:

Jake, Teylor, Walker & Hayes said...

I am so glad you love Black Friday shopping - I too love it and I think everyone thinks I am crazy! I was up at 4:00 heading to Walmart, Target, the mall - you name it I think i was there!:) Good Times!

whitney holland. said...

How fun Darb! I love BLACK FRIDAY..I usually don't even need anything but I always seem to fill the cart up anyway! You just can't pass a good deal. I think we are still planning on the 18th for our party at my house but I will let you know the details for sure! I am so excited to see you and baby Talmage! Miss you like crazy!

Miller's said...

It looks and sounds like you got a ton done. I thought about ya all day wondering if you had had any luck. I love black friday too and I'm always so dissappointed when it's over. I wish it came around more than once a year.

Courtni said...

You seriously used walkie-talkies? That is awesome! We unfortunately live where they don't celebrate Thanksgiving, so no black friday shopping for us...next year I should get some pointers from you :-)

TanDee said...

I love Black Friday!! People are so crazy!!

The Richardsons said...

You are so brave, I don't think I have the psychological makeup to handle that kind of chaos!

Anjuli said...

yeah it is so much fun!! I went at 3 am!!