Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Our "RoCkStAr" Runner

Zach is, as Belle would say, a "Rockstar!" He ran the St. George Marathon (for the 3rd time) last weekend, and BOY, was I impressed! This man is seriously a machine! He hardly even trained, but wouldn't back out. I would lie if I said I wasn't a little worried about him... 'cause face it! We're not as young as we once were! :-) It was TERRIBLE weather, and the kids and I were anxiously waiting his arrival. When I saw him near the finish line... I got REALLY emotional!!
I had a moment where I realized that life is just like a marathon! We run along... doing what's right and feel prepared and strong... and our family is there, cheering us on! Then we have times when we struggle and fall... it hurts so much, and feels unbearable to even go on... but the Lord is always there, to pick us up and help get us through. We are so blessed to have a Heavenly Father who has given us this race of life to enjoy and endure... I can't wait to join Zach at that Finish Line!

Here are some photos of the race... and ignore the quality! (I got the first couple pic's from a friend and can't figure out how to edit them!)

Taylor, Zach and Amy before the race (I'm talking like 4:30 a.m.)

Zach and Taylor stretching out in their rain ponchos... I mean, GaRbAgE BaGs!!! (Thank goodness for the Garrett's motorhome, to keep them warm and dry before the race!)

Zach and Taylor after the race

Congratulations, Zach... You're my HERO!!!

4 comments:

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

my friend ran that race and i heard how horrible it was...he looks great for how little he trained at the end...most people look like they want to die! good for him!! do you guys have aplace to stay down there anymore? we should go down together!

Miller's said...

Way to go Zach, I had no idea he was even running in it this year. He is a champ! I envy him, it is my dream to run one marathon and he had done it 3 yrs in a row. I'm impressed!

Katie said...

WTG! 3rd marathon that is awesome.

Courtni said...

Wow! I didn't even know he was a runner...we need to see each other more often!! I have to say that is very impressive, but that I can't even fathom why you would want to put yourself through that :-)