ZACH is in HEAVEN with College Football Season underway, and seeing that the Utes won their FIRST football games! I'm the mean wife, and "StRoNgLy EnCoUrAgEd" Zach to sell his Michigan ticket to stay home with us a couple weeks ago. He caught on and just had people over to watch the game in HD... almost as good! But the highlight wasn't the game... it was Briggs announcing to all our friends that "Talmage likes to suck on Mommy's BoObIeS!!!" We all got a good laugh out of that one, just hoping he doesn't share that info at Primary! Anyway, GO UTES!!! It's going to be a great year... and I think I'm going to have one HaPpY husband!
Speaking of happy husbands, Zach is on his FIRST real motorcycle road trip with his friends right now. I wish I had photos of them as they drove away... all decked out in their tough-guy motorcycle gear (leather chaps, vests, boots and all), and the BIGGEST smiles from ear to ear! It seriously made it all worth it! I love seeing him so excited! I can't wait for him to get home tomorrow... I'll post pictures of their adventure, for sure!
I, on the other hand, am still trying to figure out the FIRST weeks of motherhood with THREE children. Let me just say, it's not as easy as it looks! We've sure been having a good time in the process though... and even though I'm not sleeping at nights, I am SO loving watching the kids as they enjoy their FIRST moments. It's good to be the mom!!!
BRIGGS had his FIRST day of school a couple weeks ago. He was so excited to go, but not so excited to wear his school clothes! (He thought he should save them for Kindergarten!) Even though it is his 2nd year of Preschool, I think he is loving it even more this year! His teacher did call and tell me that she had to ask him to stop kissing all the girls at school! Man, this boy is SO much like his DAD!!! I think the highlight of school so far was bringing baby Talmage for show-and-tell. He was so cute telling the children all about being a good brother and sister... and he didn't even mention anything about the "boobies!" He is so funny! He is also just getting over his FIRST sickness since starting school, and thanks to Grandma Bunni for finding a Wii for us, he is enjoying his FIRST real purchase as he spends the day at home!

BELLE started her FIRST real dance class a couple weeks ago! She LOVES it! I get such a kick out of watching her shake her little groove thing out on the dance floor. She's definitely got moves like her mom... and if you ask my brothers, that's not always such a great thing! :-) She makes us laugh, and melts our hearts every single day! We sure love our little "BELLErina".


TALMAGE is such a sweet baby! He still doesn't like to sleep at night, but I contribute that to his gassiness and colic. SO SAD!!! This is my FIRST baby to have struggles like these, and supposedly it's because he's intolerant to something I'm eating. It has been about 5 days without dairy products, and I seriously don't see a difference... and I am StArViNg! We gave Talmage his FIRST bottle with soy formula to see if that would help, but with me nursing still, it's not really helping with the problem. I tried Mylicon drops for the FIRST time yesterday, and I'm hoping for a happier baby soon! Even through all of this, He is still just as cute as ever! See for yourself...

10 comments:
Hey you! Go to babies r us and buy "gripe juice". my sister's kids had colic and gas and she said it totally worked for her. it is all natural, so you don't have to worry about that stuff...also my neighbor just tried it with her preemie baby that woke up about every 2 hours for the last 3 months...she used the gripe juice and she slept 6 hours for the first time ever. just refrigerate it. i bought it and forgot to do that so i had to throw it away! i hope it works for you!
i am excited to see pics of new baby!
Holy crap! You are so dang cute and have such a cute family! I am so excited to keep in touch with you and get updated with your situation. Good luck on the move to Baltimore, and congrats on Zach's school and the new baby!
Cant wait to see pictures of all these firsts!
Oh poor Talmage! I hope things get better for both of you. well, I can't wait to see him agian he is too cute and I want to be able to hold him this time. It was torturous to see him and not be able to snuggle him. I love the pics of Belle in her dance clothes, so cute!
Darb-you have such a great attitude! Those first few weeks adjusting to life with a new baby is CRAZY, but you sound like you are taking it all in stride. You are such a cute mom. Your kids are so lucky to have you.
Great comments by Briggs! Gotta love little boys!
Darb - the boobie thing is SO FUNNY! And I have learned a lot about nursing diet stuff that has helped Kimball a lot. Call me sometime and I would be happy to share, but also too once he is 12 weeks you will notice a big difference.
What a cute family! Congrats on the new little guy! You're such a great mom! I love the pictures.
P.S. I ditto the "Gripe Water" comment. Abby has a lot of gas problems and it seems to help.
I had a colic baby on #2 and could never figure out what It was that I was eating to make him so unhappy. I did find that bouncing on a large exercise ball at least made the crying stop. Pacing back and forth got old really fast and for some reason he knew when I sat down, but this was a nice way to keep us both happy. GOOD LUCK, I know how hard it is.
I love the boobie story!! That is so cute! I am sorry for Talmage I hope he starts feeling better! Your kids are so cute and I always love seeing pictures of them! I hope you are doing well and that we see you in October!
Oh Darb, I'm feeling your pain! No sleep, juggling three kids, boy... this is much harder than I thought! You're making it sound easy girl! :)
Post a Comment