Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Sweet Life

Life has treated us well the last little while. We are loving the warm weather and being outside. Here is a run-down of what we've been up to lately...

Briggs graduated from his first year of Preschool. They had an end of the year party/program for the parents, and we all had a great time. He showed us some of his favorite activities at school, and the kids all performed some of their favorite songs. And may I just say, Briggs is such a performer. It was so fun to watch him, and we are so proud of him for all of his accomplishments.


























Briggs also just finished up with baseball this year. He was on the "Blue Bees" team, and was especially proud to be the "Champions" this year. (Nobody told him that we never kept score... and that every team his age got a trophy!) He is such a joy to watch, and we just love having him in our family!



Belle is always doing SoMeThInG to keep us on our toes. The other day I was on the phone... on hold forever... trying to pay a bill... And Belle was coloring. She got marker all over her hands, and I told her to please go in the bathroom and wash up. She hadn't been gone for long when I heard a strange buzzing sound. I shouted, "Belle, what are you doing?" She replied, "Nothing, Mommy... Just CUTTING MY HAIR!!!" I FREAKED and ran in the bathroom, where she had plugged Zach's clippers in, and shaved a big bald spot out of her hair. OH MY! Thankfully, the hairdresser helped hide the spot better than I could've, and she is now sporting MaNY bangs, with a short little bob. She is still so cute though, and reminds me daily that she will NEVER do that again! I hope so!


I cut bangs, too... in the desperate attempt to hide my pregnancy weight in my FACE!!! I'm not sure it did the trick, and I don't think I've had bangs since the 7th grade, but I am liking the change. I'm feeling very pregnant now, and am happy to report that I am officially HUGE... and very HAPPY! Being pregnant is the best, and I am loving this crazy time in my life. Thanks everyone, for your votes on the baby's sex... the majority thinks we're having a boy, and I can't wait to find out for sure. Just 12 more weeks... and counting!














Zach is working so hard, like always! He does so much for all of us... but always makes sure there is plenty of time to play! We've been enjoying some serious swimming and hiking lately as a family, and especially enjoyed his work picnic last week. Here are a few photos of the big event...





Hope you all have a fun and memorable summer!

13 comments:

J.Frey said...

Looks like you are busy having fun! Classic that Belle cut her hair! I think bobs are so cute on little girls. I would love to get together sometime! Lets figure it out soon!

Miriam and Jordan Brown said...

I am going to bawl my eyes out when Meg figures out she can cut her hair. Oh I cant believe she did that. Im so sorry its totally more tramatic for the mom. Anyway I think your bangs look cute talk to ya soon

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

Your bangs look super cute on you...but I would never think that your face looks any different skinny girl! You are the exact same with a mini belly... =)

Jess Perry said...

I can not believe she did that to her hair. I am seriously dreading the day!!

i like the bangs...and now that it is warm, let's take the kiddies out to play!

Marie said...

Darbee, you look so cute!

Amanda said...

WOW I that is to funny about Belle..well it wouldn't be funny if it was Millie. Anyway, Love the bangs.

TanDee said...

You guys are so cute! I love the story of Belle and I am still waiting to see a picture of you "huge"! I also like your bangs; I think you look way cute! I hope everything is going well for you guys and can't wait for our little ones to be here!

The Hoods said...

That is so sad that Belle did that. At least you were able to cover it up and make it look good!!

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

Oh I would die if Ady cut her hair. Belle is so cute!

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

LOVE my Phil nad Ted's stroller, and I should know, I have the Maclaren side by side, the peg perego sit n stand, the bugaboo cameleon with riding board and a graco duo glider. The the Phil and Teds is my absolute favorite double stroller, you NEED it!!

Katie said...

that is HILARIOUS that Belle cut her hair. Oh man I would die, but really its probably only a matter of time before Maggie does something like that.

I love the bangs on you and have to agree with Karen you always look skinny, even pregnant you just look skinny with a ball in your belly. Love the bangs anyway, super cute.

Cute cute family!!

Kara said...

I love the photo of Belle holding here recently-severed hair! Does't stuff like this run in your family, though? I seem to recall an incident involving Cade, his eyebrows -- and then his lack of eyebrows. Hmmmm...

Amanda and Dallin said...

love the hair... you do NOT have prego face!! i want to see some belly pics.
-thank goodness for hair dressers right. i'm luck i don't have to deal with that yet.