Thursday, July 23, 2009

U.T.A.H.

I can't even describe how much fun we had in Utah the last few weeks. It was one of those trips that exceeded my every expectation. The kids were spoiled, of course, and had the greatest time! I am happy to report that every single thing on our "Utah To-Do List" was accomplished, and done ALMOST within budget! :) Here is what part of Our Utah To-Do List looked like:
*Sell Motorcycle
*Kangaroo Zoo
*Park City week vacation with the Miller's
*Alpine Slide
*Roller Coaster
*Swimming at Grammy's
*Boating with Beynon's
*Dinner at Bonsai
*School Shopping
*Arctic Circle... and FRY SAUCE
*BBQ's with family and friends
*Wedding Ring/Diamond tightened and cleaned
*Family Reunion with Eyre's
*Sunday Dinner at Mauss's
*Date Night... FINALLY!
*Dentist appts. for all
*Hair cuts for all
*Talmage's 11 month photos
*See old friends
*Cole's Birthday Party
*Dinner at the Mandarin
*The list went on and on! :)

Our annual Miller Family Park City trip was, once again, FaNtAsTic! We always have the greatest time just spending time together... playing games, swimming, shopping, eating, talking, you name it! This year, my parents did an "Amazing Race" style game for us kids. It was a blast!!! I am happy to report that the Zach Beynon family came in at 1st place. It was HILARIOUS... and such a fun way to end the perfect family vacation. Thanks Mom and Dad! We love you guys! (I could've posted a MiLLiOn photos of this trip, but here are just a few of our highlights!)


We LOVE our COUSINS!!! I am so thankful that my kids have cousins on both sides that they love so much and get along so well with. The cousins are what makes living away so hard! I think my kids cry weekly (at least) for their cousins. (I cry sometimes too!) It's just hard not being there as they experience new things, or for birthdays and holidays... plus, they all just seem to grow up so sTiNkIn' fast!
I am glad we were able to stay in Utah for so long and spend some good, quality time together! We love you all!


We have so many friends in Utah that the kids have been missing TeRrIbLy! We decided since we didn't have much time that we would invite everyone to join us at good ol' Arctic Circle for lunch, then went to "Our Park" to play afterward. We missed some of our friends who were out of town, but thanks to the Searle's, Anderson's, and Birds for taking time out of your busy schedules to play with us. We miss you all more than you know, and appreciate your friendship and all that you do.


We are lucky to have such wonderful Parents, Grandparents and Aunts and Uncles in Utah. Spending time with them is simply the best. The relationships that my kids share with each of them are priceless.
I'm glad we were able to spend some time with all of you! (And Grandma Robyn, We'll be there to see you soon! XOXOXO)


The best part of the trip was the sMiLeS, GiGgLeS, and MeMoRiEs that were made! We shared moments that I will NeVeR forget... especially saying goodbye to Karsyn through hugs and tears, Savannah doing Belle's hair and fixing her boo-boo's, Kelsey's sweet words (she actually does like us!) :), Moments with Whitney, Midnight talks with Shea, Talmage WALKING, and Artichokes with the kids & Grammy and Gramps WAY past bedtime! Thank you all for EvErYtHiNg... We had the BEST time!


The unexpected NOT so FUN part of our trip:
ZACH in the hospital with kidney stones! He was thankfully drugged up in this photo, or you would've seen him in complete agony... or bleeding from his punctured artery that the nurse AcCiDeNtaLLy pierced! (Bonehead!)

(Boy, am I glad that is over, and Zach is feeling better! It was HoRrIbLe!)

Beside that, we all had a fabulous time. Zach even decided at the last minute to stay with us for an extra few days! He won some serious bonus points with the wifey on that one! :) We all had such a wonderful time... just what I needed after being away for a whopping 6 MONTHS! Of course there were tears and sad, SAD goodbyes, but it was nice to come home and get back to our own little life out here in Virginia.
Now we are looking forward to Talmage's birthday next month, starting school in September, the Baltimore Marathon in October, B & B's Birthdays in November, and of course... our trip to Brazil for Christmas in December.
Stay tuned!

9 comments:

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

have you gotten wierd looks asking for fry sauce! :o) poor zach...i don't think mackay knew about that! looks like a fun trip. do you get to leave the kids home when you go to brazil?? hopefully we will see you sometime soon! Anne is prego again...just so ya know!

Mauri said...

sounds so fun!! (except for the kidney stones....) sad we missed you! wish you could have timed it better to be here at the same time! we just got in yesterday and are looking forward to our time here and checking off many items on our list too...(our lists look similar!)

love you!

Mandy said...

Looks like so much fun! i love the pictures, how do you make them into cute collages like that? We're sure glad that you are back safe and sound we missed our neighbors!

Jen Bird said...

Wow!! How fun!! It's always fun visiting Centerville and family! I'm only an hour away, and I still think it's the funnest thing! Your kids are growing UP!! I remember Belle when she was barely born! And Talmage, I swear he was just born! It's so fun to watch your family grow!

Steve and Cami said...

thanks for inviting me to your blog Darbee. I'm glad you guys had a good trip home. :)

Goodrich's said...

I'm so glad you had a great time. I almost cried for you after reading how much fun you guys had (minus the ER visit). Saying goodbye is the worst!

Rockin' Rowes said...

Thanks for adding me to the invite list.

whitney holland. said...

Darb I had soooo much fun with you at breakfast when you were here...sooo long ago! I lov eyou and miss you soo much! Please come home sooN!

abo-bder said...

شركة عزل فوم بالرياض