Monday, June 22, 2009

Reston Zoo

BEST. PLACE. EVER!















I was so impressed with the Reston Zoo. It's a little zoo that provides opportunities to experience the animals up close and personal... even feed and pet them all! The kids LOVED it, to say the least! My favorite part was petting the Joey, Boomer. He was the sweetest little guy and I rEaLLy wanted to take him home... and Zach was fighting for the monkeys... and we left with neither! Darn! :)

The whole afternoon Belle wanted to pet a goose. She tried and tried and tried some more... and finally, she got one. He snapped at her a little, but she didn't seem to mind. What a determined little girl. She is aDdOrAbLe. One thing she didn't love, was when one of the llama's decided to take a huge BITE out of her hair. It was so funny though... I only wish I had a picture. Briggs loved bottle feeding the animals, and especially loved the wagon ride. It was awesome! The animals would come right up to the kids and let them pet them, and feed them. The camels were our favorite, and one seriously got right in his face so he could pet him. I even got so close to one that I actually kissed him. It was a little scary, but it made my kids laugh and that made me happy!

It was fun pulling Zach away from the books for a little while, and spend some quality time together with the kids. We always have such a great time together, and for that in itself, I am so grateful! I really do love being out here and having the opportunity to experience our new surroundings together!

3 comments:

Marie said...

Wow, to pet the animals..How fun!

Miller's said...

Oh that sounds so fun. I have been wanting to take Mais to the zoo so bad, I think she would love all the animals. That is awesome you guys got to actually interact with the animals, what an experience! I can't wait to see you guys soon.

Angie said...

Let me in! Send me an invite when you're ready to close up the blog.