Friday we headed up to Hershey and went to the Hershey Factory. The kids had a blast eating chocolate, making their own kisses, eating chocolate, going on the ride (3 times!), eating chocolate, and watching the 3-D Hershey movie! Did I mention we ate a LOT of chocolate?!? It was such a great time spent with the kids.
Saturday, we headed down to Gettysburg. It was so great teaching the kids of the history and events that happened there. (Even though Zach and I realized we needed a refresher course, before doing so!) We saw the sites, and hiked some of the same trails that the battalions marched. What an experience to share with our kids.
Of course we had to stop at the Harley Shop for Zach, on our way home...
And hit the outlets for me, too. And the deal of the day... Children's Place! Guess how much I spent on all this great gear?
$32! THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS, THIRTY-TWO DOLLARS! And now that we're poor, starving students ONCE AGAIN, I'm thrilled to find a good deal!
Anyway, Sunday we went to the Great Falls here in Virginia. It was nice just walking the trails along the water, and enjoying the beautiful weather! (It was 77 degrees if anyone freezing in the Utah snow wants to know! :-))
It was the perfect weekend with my hubby & kids... just what we all needed! I can't wait to do it again soon! (hint, hint, Zach!)
9 comments:
LOVE Hershey's Chocolate World! I am so glad you went! Isn't it the cutest little town? I love the kisses on the lamp posts! I am so happy you are enjoying your time on the east coast and taking advantage of all that is there!! I also love the new header with the kiddos pic...How on earth did we go from living in the KD house to you having 3 kids overnight??? Love you!
So happy to see that you're exploring all around your new digs! How fun to go see all the cool things that are so close to your home. Lucky, lucky, lucky! All I've got is desert and more desert!
Did you stop in to see the rents . I was in the hospital but i would love to meet your cute kids . Let us knowwhen you come next time
Oh my gosh! I'm so jealous you guys are wearing shorts and tee-shirts! I don't know if it will ever warm up here. What a great opportunity you guys have to live back east for a short time and take advantage of all the great places to visit (both historical and just for fun)! My sister and her family just moved to PA and are loving it back there! Thanks for sharing your fun adventures!
Darb your new picture of the kids is so dang cute! Also Sydney will be so jealous. I was just telling her the other day about when I went and stayed with my cousins in Hershey for the summer and went to the chocolate factory. She so wants to go someday. Also great bargain shopping! We miss you!
Darb: I love the picture of the kids so cute. I am glad you are enjoying the east. We are leaving Washington soon. I can't wait to see all the sights over there. I hope your sister gets back that way soon too.
i think talmage looks like gary! :) how fun! You'll have to go to the crayola factory back there too...my parents said it was fun. Plus it is in "easton"...which is even more of an incentive to go, right?!
I sure didn't want to hear that it is 77 degrees there. I am freezing! You guys are quite the travelers. All of your getaways look like such fun. Keep posting your pictures so I can live through them!
What a good looking family! Too bad I deleted all the duplicate messages on our blog before realizing how they got there! Funny story. We miss you guys and hope all is well!
Post a Comment