Tuesday, January 27, 2009

FINALLY!!!

I finally found my camera! Here is a quick update on the Beynon clan...

We are experiencing our first snow/ice storm since we've arrived here in Northern Virginia. It's really cold, but only received an inch or two of snow. We were joking that people out here don't have a clue what a snow storm really is, seeing that they cancelled all schools and community events for this "HUGE" storm. What a bunch of WEAK-SAUCES!!! :-)

Our house is coming along...
It's cute, SMALL, has LOTS of stairs, has LITTLE storage space, and did I mention has LOTS of stairs?!? We love it, though... and it's starting to feel more like home.
Here is Zach in our cute LITTLE dining room. (I think I better start getting used to this view of him in front of his computer with all the studying he is going to do... he's still cute though, isn't he!)

This is Briggs and Belle in our cute family room... well one of the TWO family rooms in the house. It's actually pretty cool because the fireplace is on the wall that separates the two rooms, so you can see the fire from both sides. Does that make sense? I don't think the pic's do it any justice, but we love it!


Briggs has a LOOSE TOOTH!!! He has been waiting for this day for a long time, and I can't believe it is finally here. That just seems like such a big-boy thing to be doing. I can't even stand it, but he is SO happy and can't wait for the darn thing to fall out... he even mentioned that the tooth fairy is going to bring him $600 dollars. I sure hope he's not disappointed! :-)
(Ignore the starburst in his mouth in the photo... he was just so excited to discover it!)

Belle is so sweet, however Zach and I are thinking that she must've skipped the terrible two's and has just now begun the TeRrIbLe THREES! She is sure testing us lately, but how can you not just adore this cute little face?!? She is loving her new house and new Sunbeam class at church... and is counting down days to summer so she can swim in our new pool.

Talmage has been SO sick. It has been heart-wrenching seeing our baby boy so sick, tired, and sad! It's just so out of character for him. But even being in that state, when Tal would help me chase the kids or do the superman fly around the house... he would smile and laugh the cutest, saddest laugh you've ever heard. His latest tricks are rolling over, eating solid foods, spitting bubbles, and swinging UPSIDE DOWN with the help of his Daddy... and he loves it! I know this pic of him is upside down, but it's seriously one of his happiest things... at least at the moment!


We are so thankful to be here safe and sound. We are enjoying our new home and the new friends we have already met. We feel blessed to have this opportunity, and are looking forward to our adventures over this next year. It will be nice to share it with all of you. Wish us luck! (We just might need it! ;-)

14 comments:

TanDee said...

So fun!! I am so sad that we didn't get together before you left! I hope Talmage gets feeling better soon and I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!

Lizzie said...

Good luck with everything! The house looks wonderful!

Marie said...

The house looks great! Have fun out there.

Alder Family said...

Hooray! So glad to hear that you made it safe and sound. Your house is darling! We are so excited for you guys, but we sure are going to miss you! Have a great day and happy unpacking!

J.Frey said...

What an adventure! Your house looks beautiful! Good Luck! and keep us posted!

whitney holland. said...

So beautiful Darb! I want to come stay with you!!! Please call me when you are here..I know you will be SOOOOOOOOO busy with family but I want to come see you! Love ya girl!

Katie said...

Wow you guys are moved and unpacked and settled! Crazy!! I love the house so cute, the homes back east have so much character. I am excited for you guys, I have said it before but its way fun and exciting to move away from here I am sure you guys will make tons of friends quickly!

Amanda and Dallin said...

i am sooo excited for you guys. it is so fun to have a home away from home. and yes schools get canceled for 2 inches of snow. it's really kind of funny. the freezing rain is CRAZY, and way scary. we must have had the same storm you just had.
i love that you're close(er) that would be so fun to meet up sometime.

Justin and Jill said...

Darbee, your house is so cute! I'm glad to hear things are finally getting settled for you guys.

I can't believe Briggs has a loose tooth! Is it really time for that yet?! We'll look forward to your updates.

Miller's said...

Briggs is a big boy! We miss you guys like crazy already but are so happy for you guys to be starting this new adventure. We are sorry that Tal is so sick, I hadn't heard. Poor boy! Well we miss ya and love ya.

mikeandash said...

Cute kids! I'm glad you guys are enjoying it out East. I've only been to Virginia once, but it sure was beautiful.

Smith Family said...

Loose tooth?! Are you kidding me? Holy smokers. The house looks great!! Cant wait to see you in a couple weeks.

Ashley said...

Glad to have you here on the East Coast! Good luck with getting settled and all of the fun of finding your way around a new city. You guys will have such a fun adventure up there. If you ever want to meet and head to the beach, give us a call down here in North Carolina! Good luck with school to Zach!

Alesa Larsen said...

It looks like you guys are getting settled right in. Have a great adventure.