Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Surprises... RUINED!!!

So...
Zach and I went to D.C. this last weekend to find us a house. We were successful (HOORAY!) and I am very happy about that! (I'll save those details for another day!) HOWEVER, upon returning from our trip, my mom told me that she had a little trouble with Belle while we were away. I automatically start thinking... she must've hit her brother... or said a naughty word... maybe even colored on the table... BOY, was I MISTAKEN!
My little girl is just so innocent and sweet, what POSSIBLY could she do wrong???

Well, my mom pulls out her camera, and shows me a picture of my room... covered with RIPPED APART BOXES and WRAPPING PAPER!!! My mom started to laugh as she told me the story of my sweet little girl, finding her Christmas presents... YES, even the one's from S-A-N-T-A... and OPENED THEM ALL!!! I seriously burst into tears! I had worked so hard to get EvErY SiNgLe surprise ready to roll... wrapped and just waiting for the special day. My mom and dad tried to clean up the damage and get everything re-wrapped for Christmas. They talked to Belle about it, and she so innocently said, "It was an ACCIDENT!" (Okay, now I'm not crying as much, as the story is starting to get a little bit funny!)

The next day I decided to talk to Belle about it. The little stinker basically told me that I can't be mad because "You did the same thing when you were my age!" Are you kidding me?!? Where does she come up with this stuff? She continually tells me that she wont do that again, but I've seen the way she looks at those presents under the tree, and I know it's just KILLING her! I have a feeling that Santa is a HUGE sucker... and will find a way to bring some NEW SURPRISES as well... even though a lump of coal may well be deserved after a stunt like this one! :-)

Let's just say that this will be a Christmas we will always remember!
Hope you all have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS... Full of Surprises! (Unlike ours!!!) :-)

10 comments:

Justin and Jill said...

W-O-W! Are you sure sweet little Belle was the culprit? I just can't imagine it! You will look back on this and laugh. Till then, good luck shopping! Can't wait to see you guys on Christmas Eve!

Andrea S. said...

That is too funny-then again, I can sit back and laugh because it wasn't my child. If Karston had done that I would have reacted the same way you did. Good luck finding new surprises for Christmas.

Congratulations on finding a place in DC. I'm excited to hear about it.

Marie said...

That is way to funny. I am so glad Zack and Jas havent done that yet. Good luck shopping again!! Merry Christmas.

J.Frey said...

That is the funniest/cutest story! I love it because I found my presents every year! My parents finally caught on and started hiding them at my dad's office so I wouldn't find them.

When are you guys moving? I'm anxious to hear all those details!

Darrik, Kami & Brock said...

That is so exciting you found a house! I'm sad you will be so far away though. That is too funny about Belle. I would have cried too because you work so hard to make Christmas a big surprise. I'm so sorry. I did something similar. One year I found almost every present un-wrapped them and re-wrapped them without my mom knowing... I was naughty though.

Amanda said...

Oh man. Millie and her cousin Jager unwrapped all of my dad's gifts. My mom wasn't to pleased. I'd rather that though then her things from Santa. I would have died!

AND

HOORAY for finding a house! I can't wait to hear all about it.

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

This is TOO funny! What a little stinker.

Good luck on finding a house...can't wait to hear about it! D.C. has become a common haunt for us since I have 2 sisters there.

HaPPY NEW YeAR!

Sonya said...

Oh my! That story so so sad... but HILARIOUS at the same time! Sorry!

Just on a side note, Morgan came in while your blog was up and said "Mom are you checking your email to my friend Briggs?" So cute, she misses him!

Can't wait to hear details on your house!

Brooke and Tyler Heath said...

Okay, that story was killing me. I would have died! It was fun to run into you. I hope you had a great holiday despite that story. If you have time give us a call and hopefully we can get together before you leave, but I know you have a lot of things to do before the big moving day. Good luck!

Jess Perry said...

That is funny! We miss you guys. How are things? Catch us up on your new adventures.