Okay, I know that to most of you Domestic Diva's this is no big deal. But to me, this is HUGE! My sister in-law and I learned to make the cutest little handbags at my mom's Wacky Wednesday last night. I am so proud of myself, seeing that in almost 6 years of marriage, this was the first time I've actually used my sewing machine. Needless to say, I'm not very good...but was excited about my first attempt and success at sewing. Here's how it turned out. (I've got a pattern if any of you are interested.)

And here's the inside...I just loved the fabric!

I wanted to take a little treat to our playgroup the other day, so I used one of my mom's ideas and made these darling little ghosts out of Nutter Butter cookies. It's a great way to get the kids involved, and is super easy, too. Just dip the cookies in melted white chocolate...and use mini m&m's or something else small for the eyes. Then sit back, and enjoy a fun Halloween treat!

18 comments:
Darb I am way impressed with you sewing skills! I want a copy of your pattern, or better yet, I'll buy a bag from you! So fun to see you the other day.
LOVE YA!
That is so cute! I totally want the pattern. We need to chat soon!
Those were yummy treats! Nice skills with the bag! I just got a sewing machine...so that might be fun to try! I still can't get on the friend sight...can you do it for me? Thanks Darb!
Cutes ideas Darbee, I am always looking for easy treats to make with the kids!
I have to tell you that the little breakfast gazebo place you guys loved is my mom's all time favorite place ever. Anytime we ever went to Maui we would go there every morning and get the famous pancakes! So fun! I'm glad you guys had a blast and got to RELAX! So jelous!
Hey Darb, I saw your link on allice's Blog and thought I would check it out. Love the pics and your kids names. Very cute! Hope all is well.
Yeah! I found you! I am so happy you are a blogger!! Now we can stay in touch better! I'm WAY jealous (but happy for you) that you were just in Maui. We were there in March and LOVED it! Looks like y'all are doing great!! Love and miss you! Check out our blog at www.winderfamily.blogspot.com. Give those cute kids hugs from us!
Hey darb, do you remember me? Its your long lost friend jackie. I found mir's blog and that led me to yours.(hope you don't mind) anyway your kids are beautiful and it looks like you had fun in hawaii. I would love to talk. miss you!!!!!
love jackie
p.s. I would love the pattern
Darbee!!!! I can't believe we are in contact. I have been thinking of you often...no lie! So I am so happy you found my blog. I miss you! I talk about sorority days all the time, and how I was the only one that would go to bed at 9:00. I am still the same exact way. My hubbie has had to adapt to my need of sleep. However, since I have a newborn, I'm not doing much of that lately. My time to look at blogs is during the night when I am feeding the little one, and of course, my other baby is asleep. Where do you live? Love Pam Oh, and you family is soooo cute!
oh fun ghosts! i think we'll make those this week!
Way to go Darb! Very impressive skills and those ghost treats are such a great idea. Thanks for sharing!
SO CUTE! I love those ghosts-Nutter Butters are a favorite at our house! I think that might have to be this weekend's treat! Thanks for the ideas. I love your bag too!
Darbee i am totally impressed with your skills! What is this Wacky Wednesday stuff...I may need to partake in the fun crafty things! I need major help in this area! Great job!
Cute purse, Darbee! I would love the pattern. We had so much fun at game night the other night! We need to do it again soon or at least get the kids together again for a little game of Bingo!
Jill
I love that! Way way cute!! My mom said that they had some really cute crafts they were making! I wish I could have gone. I don't care who you are....making a purse, IMPRESSIVE!! Love the Halloween idea too!
Zach and Darby
How cute is your little family! It's fun to see all your cute kids. This blog thing is cool so I can see my long-lost friends. Hope all is well. Seeya!
Heidi Hasleton (peterson)
darbee this purse is adorable!
i have loved looking hrough your blog... man your kids are growing up fast!
call me anytime for photos and we can set up a time...
hope all is well.
Darbee-I'm so glad you found my page. Your kids are SO cute! Sometimes it seems so crazy that we're at this point in our lives already. :) Great ideas on your blog. How are you doing? Do you guys live around here?
Cute Purse Darby, I am way impressed with your skills. I will definatly have to get the pattern from you.
Post a Comment